- This article is about the 2018 film. For the film's franchise, visit The LEGO Blazer Movie (franchise). For other uses, visit The LEGO Blazer Movie (disambiguation).
The film was developed by Warner Animation Group, The LEGO Group and Trail Blazer Studios, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is the first film installment in The LEGO Blazer Movie franchise, which is connected to The LEGO Movie franchise, and was released on September 7th, 2018, internationally and on September 14th, 2018, in the United States.
Two sequels, The LEGO Blazer Movie 2: Broken Dimensions and The LEGO Blazer Movie 3: Lost Foundation, are scheduled to be released in September of 2021 and September of 2024, respectively, while four spin-off films, The LEGO Shado Movie, The Brick Resistance, The LEGO Shado Movie 2: Legend of the Mørks, and Crestallis Champions, are scheduled to be released in February of 2022, September of 2022, February of 2024, and June of 2024, respectively, and a spin-off television series, The Paradox Blockage, is scheduled to premiere in February of 2023 on Inferno Scope.
A promotional short film for the film, The Long Trail, was released in December of 2018 as additional material on the home video releases of the film.
On a journey throughout the Crestallis Realms of Elements, Trail Blazer, a recent outcast from his home realm, has stumbled upon the Oddity Platform, a land where anyone can create a variety of ideas their imagination provides them with. There, our hero befriends its residents but is exiled after setting free a dastardly evil force. Trail sets out on a mission to unite the LMMCU and stop the evil that he unleashed with Lord Blox before he fulfills his goal to insert viruses throughout the Crestallis Realms causing all of it to become corrupt, while Trail learns to become a better person on his journey of self-reflection.
Main Characters / Protagonists
- A mutant with the power to control fire and heat, which allows him to shoot fire, fly in a "Burst Mode", and be immune to heat and burns, who is a newcomer to the Oddity Platform after being outcasted from his home in the Crestal Realm, and is the cause for accidentally releasing Lord Blox from his imprisonment. Phoenix has a bit of a temper which coincides with bursts of fiery rage, but he often keeps his cool unless provoked. He befriends multiple people on his journey to right his wrongs to save the Crestallis Realms of Elements. Phoenix is inspired by the film's creator Trailblazer101 and the characters Kai from Ninjago (2011-present), Tony Stark / Iron Man, Clint Barton / Hawkeye, and T'Challa / Black Panther from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
- A mutant with the power to stretch and shape his body into varied assortments of contraptions and devices and is skilled with super strength. Halbart takes some situations a bit seriously and doesn't always see through people when they are joking or lying. He becomes one of Phoenix's earliest friends and is revealed to have also resided in the Crestal Realm up until its' destruction. Halbart is inspired by the character "Morph" created by a friend of the creator's and the character Reed Richards / Mister Fantastic from Marvel Comics.
- A mutant with the power to control ice and cold through his powered exosuit that he reverse-engineered from a Mørk battle suit. Fraust's powers are the polar-opposites of Phoenix's powers and he often uses them to keep him cooled down. Fraust is a skilled genius in the fields of science and engineering and uses his skills to build mass contraptions out of the weirdest sorts of LEGO bricks. He becomes one of Phoenix's earliest friends and is revealed to have also resided in the Crestal Realm up until its' destruction, alongside Halbart. Fraust is inspired by the character "Blizzard" created by a friend of the creator's and the character Brain Freezer from Johnny Test (2005-2014).
- A mutant with the power to create works of art and technology out of the LEGO bricks surround him. Graysmith is a very creative-minded individual who likes to joke around a lot, but sometimes his jokes get the better of himself. Despite that, he finds ways to bring new-light on tough situations to lighten the mood of his fellow teammates.
- A mutant with the power to unleash unbridled bursts of rage all at once, or at given times to build up his rage. Blackson is a skilled samurai warrior who was trained in the art of Spinjitzu. He uses his built-up rage to empower his motivational attacks against Lord Blox's Mørk army. Despite his rage, Blackson can be seen as an innocent person at times, but often has a hard time seeing far from his self well-being. Blackson is inspired by the character Richard Shepard / Red Shogun from Shogun (2017).
- A mutant with the power to absorb and create energy from the elemental crystals. Rus is a kind person who keeps a bit to himself, often hiding away to play video games rather than to train. He is a skilled ninja and a trainee of Dean Blackson's and uses his martial arts skills to sometimes hide away from others to mind his own business, but is more of a caring person. Rus is inspired by the characters Danny Rand / Iron Fist from Marvel Comics and Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon from Ninjago (2011-present).
- A mutant with the power to cause himself and those around him into becoming highly enraged, allowing for a transformation process into becoming a gremlin to ensue. Kuld is often misunderstood for his capabilities and can be quite calm and peaceful, and has a wide range of skills and creativity that he uses to help the Oddity Allegiance due to his background in Western civilization. Kuld is inspired by the characters Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Stripe from Gremlins (1984).
- A mutant with the power to control the earth around him which he uses to grant himself with immense strength. Clyde is a noble figure on the Oddity Allegiance and serves as it's co-leader alongside Mace Kiral. He is a skilled captain in aerodynamics and can see through the most complex and trickiest situations to determine the likely answers and outcomes, which he uses to strategize thorough plans for the rest of the Oddity Allegiance.
- A mutant with the power to control the properties of any type of metal using his metal gauntlets. Kiral is the profound warrior king of the Oddity Platform and serves as founder and leader of the Oddity Allegiance who openly welcomes and entrusts in any newcomers to it, especially those in need. With his trusting in others, Kiral struggles in seeing through those with darker intentions, and sometimes he is easily manipulated and tricked by the forces of darkness into following a path of no return. Despite his flaws, he combats them with his willingness to do good for others and lays down his life to protect others during combat whilst wearing his metallic armor and using his capabilities to shield others into protection.
- A mutant with the power to control water physics, which allows him to summon massive waves and swim with immense speed, and can communicate with the sea creatures. Neptide is a noble king and a paladin gentleman who has a prophetic foresight into possible outcomes of forthcoming events which he uses to sway his fate to remain serving as the ruler of the Kingdom of Atlantis and to prevent harm from coming to his people. He also uses his way with others to maintain a strong-willed command over his kingdom which has garnered him mass support from his empowering military forces.
- A mutant with the power to change his appearance into any creature at his free will. Cloud is a caring individual who has gone through a troubling past in maintaining his ruler status among the Spires of Azure but finds ways to keep his spirit lifted higher than those he sees as below him by playing integrate games with his servants. Cloud uses his care for others and a positive attitude to bring hope to the Oddity Allegiance, even in their darkest hour of need, and takes care of a wide variety of specialized creatures, however, after he loses everything when the Sky Lands are destroyed by Lord Blox and sinks into Atlantis, he suffers from a breakdown leading to his demise from the attack after an attempt to be saved.
- A mutant with the power to shoot kinetic lasers from his seamless shades and technological blasters which causes an electric shock effect to those stung by it. Bane is easily tempered at times but finds ways to control his aggressive nature by looking at situations from a different perspective. Bane often finds his views to be the key to solving certain situations and even takes the situation into his own hands when he sees fit.
- A mutant with agility-based powers and is a skilled sports player. Inferno responds to things quite literally and often sees a different view of the truth than others. Inferno uses his sports skills to act well in fighting and to coordinate strategic plans for the Oddity Allegiance. Inferno is based on the Discord user and one of the creator's friends from real life, InfernoKillZ.
- A mutant with the power to control various types of toxic chemicals that he uses to harm his enemies and can inflict different diseases and poisons onto them. Ades can also use his dark magic to cast curses on others and have them banished to the other Crestallis Realms. He has been the presiding ruler of the Underworld for many eons and is a calm and sentimental individual who steers clear from others and the outside world, which is why he chose to rule over the Underworld.
- A profound highly-intellectual scientist and chemist who accidentally gained mutant powers over poisonous chemicals through one of his own failed experiments. Aidan is from the city of Quinnsburgh where he housed all of his different experiments until they were shut down due to there chaotic ways. Aidan is a simple-minded individual who is very creative with his ideas and experiments and likes to handle different sorts of things. Aidan is based on the LMMCU Wiki user, Dr Aidan Quinn.
- A mutant with the power of sound and can control the vocal and sonar aspects of different objects to cause explosions, sound waves, and sonar blasts, and can manipulate these further with his Sonar Horn and voice inhibitor. Fun is a fairly casual individual who likes to mess around a lot but can find the good in troublesome situations. Fun is based on the LMMCU Wiki user, thefunstreamer.
- A mutant with the power of air and winds which he uses to cause various wind currents, tornadoes, and rapid storms to move his opponents out of his way. Monkey can also use his powers to transport himself to different locations by using incredibly fast winds, appearing as if it is a form of teleportation, and can bring others with him on wind currents. Monkey is also a highly experienced engineer who uses his techniques to design several types of artillery and gaming weapons for the Oddity Allegiance. Monkey is based on the LMMCU Wiki user, Endermonkeyx99.
- A mutant with the power of nature and can control various types of plants to use them as additional weapons when in combat and different modes of transportation for herself and other members of the Oddity Allegiance. Flakey finds passion in doing things fairly easily, which she accomplishes by using her plants. Flakey is also a highly-trained soldier and helps protect the Crestallis Realms of Elements from dangerous threats. Flakey is based on the LMMCU Wiki user, Skittleflake.
- A mutant with light-based powers who can illuminate dark areas and shoot light energy blasts from her hands, while also being able to harness other forms of light from external objects through the use of her Light Scepter. Vesp is a creative and heartwarming individual who is passionate about her creative ideas and uses them to benefit in tough situations. Vesp is based on the LMMCU Wiki user, VesperalLight.
- A mutant with the power to control dimensional rifts and can use them to travel between dimensions. Paradox is a kind person who has an enormous sense of humor but sometimes takes problems further than necessary. Paradox traveled from his home dimension to warn the Oddity Allegiance about a looming threat in the film's post-credits scene. Paradox is based on the former LMMCU Wiki Discord user, Dimensional Paradox.
- An omnipotent being who is the co-creator and ruler of the Crestallis Realms of Elements who has powers to create anything he can think of in his mind by performing Master Building. Orville secretly mentors Trail Blazer through his guise as "Master O" and leads him to the Oddity Platform, believing that all people deserve a chance to prove who they truly are and indirectly helps the Oddity Allegiance in defeating Lord Blox, despite him having publicized views on the horrendous capabilities and restrictions of mutants and believes that they should be heavily monitored and contained. Orville is voiced by K. Todd Freeman.
- A mutant with the power to control shadows and darkness which are generated from dark energy that originated from The Shadow Realm. Shado is the general of Lord Blox's Mørk army and is a master tactician, marksman, and an assassin. Shado believes that aiding in Lord Blox's takeover of the Crestallis Realms of Elements will allow him to prove himself as a noble warrior to gain a high rank in the prophesied new world. Shado is inspired by the character of the same name created by Red Shogun.
- A person who is the forgotten co-creator of the Crestallis Realms of Elements and was corrupted by the powers of the Dark Rift and gained control of the Shadow Realm and its' Mørk civilization which he used to form his army to conquer the rest of the Crestallis Realms from his former ally and friend, Jaxon Orville, so he can have his rightful share of control over it. Blox believes that since he was wrongfully betrayed and forgotten about by his former colleagues, he deserves his right to make the Crestallis Realms run under a fit leader and wants to control the whole Crestallis Realms in his vision. Blox is voiced by Gary Oldman.
To be added
Two sequels, The LEGO Blazer Movie 2: Broken Dimensions and The LEGO Blazer Movie 3: Lost Foundation, are in development and are scheduled to be released in September of 2021 and September of 2024, respectively, and will conclude the franchise. Broken Dimensions will be set 2 years after the events of The LEGO Blazer Movie and will center on the Oddity Allegiance, which is now being led by Trail Blazer, as they work with Dimensional Paradox, a newcomer from an alternate dimension, to stop the looming threat of Riftaar and his goal to destroy the dimensional fractions of the Crestallis Realms of Elements to merge it into one new universe under his rule. The LEGO Blazer Movie 3: Lost Foundation will be set 2 years after the events of Broken Dimensions and will be centered on Trail Blazer and his friends as they face off against Jaxon Orville to save all mutant-kind from the Crestallis Realms of Elements's destruction, which Jaxon ignited to fully reshape it and all of the alternate universes into one new universe under his own image, while the forces of creation and destruction find an equal match in the conflict.
Four spin-off films, The LEGO Shado Movie, The Brick Resistance, The LEGO Shado Movie 2: Legend of the Mørks, and Crestallis Champions, are in development and are scheduled to be released in February of 2022, September of 2022, February of 2024, and June of 2024, respectively. The LEGO Shado Movie will be set before the events of The LEGO Blazer Movie and will be centered on the character Shado and his origin in becoming the general of Lord Blox's Mørk army, which was briefly touched upon in the short film, The Long Trail. The Brick Resistance will be set after the events of The LEGO Blazer Movie and will be centered on the duo Morph and Blizzard as they struggle with conflicts from their past while they work with the Oddity Allegiance to form a new resistance against Riftaar's reincarnated form after he was initially killed in The LEGO Blazer Movie 2: Broken Dimensions and is overrun by The Hack-Monger. The LEGO Shado Movie 2: Legend of the Mørks will be set after the events of The LEGO Blazer Movie and will be centered on Shado as he journeys back to his homeworld after dispersing from Lord Blox's forces following his defeat and uncovers lost legends of his people and where they truly came from, and secrets behind Lord Blox's goals from the first film while a dark warlock seeks to prevent Shado from uncovering and exposing the truth to the rest of the Crestallis Realms of Elements. Crestallis Champions will be set after the events of Broken Dimensions and will be centered on a team of new original characters featured in Broken Dimensions who are dimension travelers which are led by Anastasia to protect the Crestallis Realms and stop a series of dimensional breaches orchestrated by the estranged Sondare, causing the alternate universes of the entire Crestallis Realms to merge into one.
A promotional short film, The Long Trail, was included in the home video releases of The LEGO Blazer Movie which released in December 2018. The short film is set before the events of the film and centers on Trail Blazer as he goes on a personal journey of his own to learn how to become a master creator and to control his newfound powers for good while gaining the knowledge of a greater destiny at hand under the teachings of "The Creator" while uncovering mysterious links to Lord Blox and his subordinates that were previously cut from The LEGO Blazer Movie.
A spin-off television series, The Paradox Blockade, is in development and is scheduled to premiere in February of 2023 on Inferno Scope. The series will be set after the events of The LEGO Blazer Movie 2: Broken Dimensions and will center on Dimensional Paradox as he travels across the many realms of the Crestallis Realms of Elements saving the people and restoring the realms from a destroyed Crestallis Realms after it was manipulated by Riftaar in Broken Dimensions and is overrun by The Hack-Monger.
- The film, along with its' franchise, has been influential in the LMMCU Wiki community and inspired projects such as Shogun: The Sho, iNinjago: The Movie, Malevolence, The Shade Movie, and The Fun Movie, while it has also been influenced by other LEGO and animated products including The LEGO Movie franchise and Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and by other LMMCU Wiki user projects including The GameTime Movie and Vesperal Comics. It is also influenced by parts of the creator's personal life with some of the storytelling, themes, character struggles, and plot details.
- The film is dedicated to Trailblazer101's real-life friend Duren, who passed away on January 7th, 2018, due to an asthma attack. A character based on him is mentioned by Trail Blazer to have been a friend of his from the Crestal Realm who passed away during Lord Blox's invasion of the realm whose passing motivates Trail to combat against Blox and protect everyone in the Crestallis Realms of Elements.