Surge is an upcoming 2020 superhero science-fiction psychological thriller film based on an original story created by Trailblazer101. It will be directed, written, produced, and composed by Trailblazer101.
The film will be developed by Trail Blazer Studios and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It will be the first film installment in the Main Trilogy of the Mooreview 667 Continuity and will be released on December 4th, 2020, internationally, and on December 11th, 2020, in the United States.
Two more films for the Main Trilogy, Bolt Traction and Blare, are in development and will be released in November of 2022 and August of 2024, respectively, with Blare serving as a crossover between Surge and Bolt Traction, while a formal sequel, Surge Uncaged, is in development for the Anthology Trilogy and will be released in December of 2024.
After lonely taxi driver Jason Shaw (Jake Gyllenhaal) gets into a deadly car crash and is flown from a bridge by a runaway truck, and his genes are fused with electricity from eels and chemicals from the truck in an ice-cold lake, leaving him paralyzed due to damage in the cranial and spinal nerves. Shaw is left for dead and soon finds himself on the shore of an island laboratory where he is tracked down and experimented on for his extra nervous senses and static-like powers. Shaw is forced to make a desperate attempt to escape the laboratory to reunite with his family in hopes to bring life back to normality.
Cast and Characters
- A former taxi driver who lacks social skills with others and has an over-obsessive way of thinking and handling different situations. Shaw was employed as a taxi driver to gain earnings for his struggling family and grew with the job over his years of work, and used his job to stalk local journalist Marilynn Grace whom he has an affair with. Shaw was exposed to electricity from eels and chemicals after he was caught in the crash of a runaway truck, which paralyzed him in the ice-cold lake where he gained enhanced capabilities from damage in the cranial and spinal nerves. Shaw seeks guidance on his newfound capabilities while being trapped and experimented on by Donovan Pierce's scientists, and cares to protect his family from the danger he has ensued on them due to his powers. Shaw is known to the public as the superhero alias "Supercharger".
- A local journalist and the former lover of Jason Shaw who cares for her son Adam and protects him from various advanced technologies, popularized social norms, and his father Jason after discovering what he's become with his powers, and chooses to abandon him despite believing what he is setting out to do is morally right, yet she chooses to object against it.
- The bastard child son of Jason Shaw and Marilynn Grace who was raised in a strict and protected environment by his mother and looks up to his father for his powers after he becomes prominent on the news and sees them as a gift rather than a problem and he wants to become like Shaw, although he fails to see the problems of society and how they treat those that are different from the social norms and he hasn't been told of Jason being his father due to his conditions and the cause of his birth.
- A truck driver who is employed by Donovan Pierce and was involved in the crash that gave Jason Shaw his enhanced powers. Randal is an innocent civilian and business worker who gives back to his community but is easily bribed by Pierce to commit corruption that goes against his good morals.
- A radical scientist who specializes in the studies of enhanced individuals and is fascinated by Jason Shaw's powers, and views enhanced individuals as an opportunity to use their capabilities to further advance his technologies to gain prominent control over society while not caring for the values of others and uses them for his gain. Pierce desires enhanced capabilities of his own and performs tests on those with enhanced capabilities at attempts to gain immortality, seeing himself as a god figure. Pierce is influenced by Elijah Price / Mr. Glass from the Eastrail 177 Trilogy and Carlton Drake from the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (SPUMC) film Venom (2018).
To be added
To be added
The film is the first installment in the Main Trilogy of the Mooreview 667 Continuity of superhero films centered on anti-hero origin stories that will be interconnected with each other, with Bolt Traction and the crossover film Blare being in development to compile the remainder of the trilogy following Surge, and will be released in November of 2022 and August of 2024, respectively. Bolt Traction will be centered on a conspiracy surrounding adventurer Wyatt Braxton who gains super-speed and lightning powers after an accident in his friend's laboratory atop Mount Mori puts him on the run from the government while searching for answers from his mysterious past, while Blare will be centered on Donovan Pierce as he gains enhanced vibration powers years after his initial experiment and sets out to test the capabilities of both Jason Shaw and the newly discovered Wyatt Braxton to see his plan come into a full circle while unleashing an even greater threat upon the city.
A formal sequel to Surge is in development as the first film installment in the Anthology Trilogy of the Mooreview 667 Continuity and will be released in December of 2024. It will be set in-between Bolt Traction and Blare and will feature Jason Shaw / Supercharger pit against a government task force bent on dealing with enhanced individuals like himself while unleashing his true powers upon the city as a mystery surrounding Mount Mori unfolds.
- Trail was influenced to create this film after seeing the Eastrail 177 Trilogy films Unbreakable, Split, and Glass, which serve as influences for the film along with Nightcrawler and Joker.
- The film's plot was originally conceived by Trail as a continuation of Glass, however, upon being added to the LMMCU Wiki, this was changed to simply be an inspiration of it, with a new concept for how the main enhanced individuals in the film gained their powers being decided upon.
- Paramount Pictures was chosen to distribute the film and the other films in the Mooreview 667 Continuity after Trail positioned the studio to distribute the films in the Arthurian Universe, which also consists of trilogies.