Cloud Man is an upcoming 2019 animated science fiction superhero drama TV series created by Trailblazer101, based on the Cloud Man comics that Trail created during his childhood.
The series was developed and distributed by Trail Blazer Studios. It is intended to be the first installment in the Elemental Universe and will premiere on Frick TV, with the first season scheduled to premiere in September 2019.
A spin-off TV series, Zapper, is scheduled to premiere in July 2020, and will be followed by three additional TV series, Red Defender, Miss Tick, and Dark Drench, which are scheduled to premiere in November 2020, March 2021, and August 2021, respectively. A crossover TV series, The Elementalists, is scheduled to premiere in April 2022.
After famous weather forecaster Arthur Gibson (Will Forte) is caught in the crossfire of an unstable electric power plant explosion while reporting on the conditions in the area, he gains a set of weather-based powers at the cost of his own humanity. Using his newfound abilities, Gibson begins a life of heroic actions as the superhero Cloud Man, only to discover the true reason why his life and career have failed him.
Voice Cast and Characters
- Will Forte as Arthur Gibson / Cloud Man: A charming weather forecaster who, after reporting on and getting caught in the blast of an electric power plant explosion, gains weather-based powers while also transforming into a humanoid cloud. Gibson is a charismatic person who often thinks more of himself than he does of others but learns the error of his ways following the accident that took his good appearance from him.
- Tara Strong as Virginia Kaus: The co-anchor of the news station that Gibson works at and is Gibson's love interest. After Kaus learns of Gibson's condition, she seeks to help him and usually sees him for who he is on the inside.
- Steve Carell as Weatherman Grant: A weatherman who is the co-anchor with Virginia Kaus at the news station that Gibson works at. Grant is a close friend of Gibson's but is often seen as a partial rival.
- Liam O'Brien as Dave Walker / Zapper: A worker at the electric power plant that gained flight and electricity powers due to the explosion and nearby chemicals. Walker seeks to expose and take down Nimbus and his business and befriends Gibson along the way, eventually partnering together to defeat Nimbus and uncover answers to the cause of the explosion.
- Steve Blum as C. B. Nimbus: An earth scientist who is the owner of the electric power plant that exploded. Nimbus has faced allegations of being associated with the black market and for hiring shooters to carry out crimes to keep his business and career intact. Nimbus gains his own set of weather-based powers opposite of Gibson's and is transformed into a humanoid storm cloud due to the explosion.
- Ep. 01 - The Report: Weather forecaster Arthur Gibson gains weather-based powers caused by an electric power plant explosion, and uses his powers to stop crime in his home town. Gibson finds a lead to a shootout investigation that has suspicious connections to his own life.
- Ep. 02 - Precipitation: After getting caught in the explosion of the power plant, Gibson discovers that he has an incredible set of new powers at his disposal. He begins a series of tests to figure out his power set, but after getting involved in stopping a mass crime spree, Gibson must learn fast enough to be able to defeat the swarming criminals.
- Ep. 03 - TBA
- Ep. 04 - TBA
- Ep. 05 - TBA
- Ep. 06 - TBA
- Ep. 07 - TBA
- Ep. 08 - TBA
- Ep. 09 - TBA
- Ep. 10 - TBA
Spin-off and Future
Cloud Man is intended to be the first installment in a shared universe consisting of animated superhero TV series created by Trail. The series will be followed by a spin-off, Zapper, which is in development and is scheduled to premiere in July 2020, and three additional TV series, Red Defender, Miss Tick, and Dark Drench, which are all in development and are scheduled to premiere in November 2020, March 2021, and August 2021, respectively. Each of these series will crossover in The Elementalists, which is in development and is scheduled to premiere in April 2022.