Blitz is an upcoming 2021 science fiction psychological thriller film based on an original story created by Trailblazer101, which is partially incluenced by aspects of his real life. It will be directed, written, produced, and composed by Trailblazer101.
The film will be developed and distributed by Trail Blazer Studios. It will be released on July 23, 2021.
The film follows Arthur Newman, a failed novelist who has been outcasted from the people in his life after a confrontation with a mysterious individual ruined his life and career, with Newman attempting to find any way possible to restore his life to normal, even if there is no hope for survival or passion.
Cast and Characters
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Arthur Newman
- A failed novelist who has been left alone and outcasted by his friends and family after having his lifestyle and career torn apart by a mysterious individual. Newman discovers that the individual is the cause of a majority of his life's problems, and seeks vengeance on them and anyone else who has ruined him. Newman is partially influenced by the Joker and the film's creator, Trail for personal experiences and ideologies.
- Eva Green as Sophia Kirsh
- A stay-at-home mother of 4 children who was the former secretary for George Cripes and is Arthur's ex-wife who left him after he caused their family financial struggles.
- David Harbour as George Cripes
- A wealthy businessman and industrialist who was the boss of both Arthur Newman and Sophia Kirsh, and holds a personal grudge against the Newman family for reasons left ambiguous.
- To-be-announced actor as the mysterious individual
More to be added
- The film is influenced by Joker and follows its concept of having "one bad day", while also taking aspects from Trail's own personal life for some plot details and emotional themes.
- The film will be released on Trail's birthday in 2021, furthering connections that he has with the film.
- Trail has announced that the film was originally planned to be set in the same universe as another Trail Blazer Studios film, Surge. However, these plans were scrapped following the positive reaction to Trail's plans for Blitz to be set in a realistic and grounded style.